Are you thinking about getting colored contacts? There’s a lot to know about these important visual tools. Colored contacts can help improve your vision and make your eyes look more beautiful. If you’re new to colored contacts and not sure whether this is the right visual accessory for you, this information can help. Here’s what you need to know about getting colored contacts in Hummelstown, PA.
1. Prescription Colored Contacts are Available
Prescription contacts come in colored and non-colored versions, so if changing your eye color is important and you’d like to improve your vision at the same time, you can do that. In order to get the right colored contacts for you, you’ll need to talk to your eye doctor. Your eye doctor will need to:
- Assess your need and the level of prescription required to correct your vision
- Help you choose a type of contact that’s right for you
- Size the contact properly for your eyes
This is why it’s important to work with the right eye doctor. To get the right contacts, you’ll need to ensure that you’re working with a professional who can accurately assess your need for colored contacts, determine the right size contacts for you, and coach you through the process of getting colored contacts that will work well for you.
2. It’s Important to Choose the Right Tint and Color
The tint of colored contacts makes a big difference. Opaque colored contacts cover the color of your eye completely. If you have dark eyes, this is the type of contacts that will be most correct for you. Other colored contacts (visibility tint and enhancement tints) change the color of your eyes in more subtle ways.
3. Colored Contact Lenses Need Regular Care
Colored contacts need regular care, just like normal contacts without coloring.
- Clean and disinfect your contacts regularly. Your eye doctor can show you how and tell you the frequency with which this needs to be done.
- Wash your hands before touching your lenses.
- Replace your contacts when your eye doctor tells you to.
Want to Know More About Colored Contacts? Call Today
Prescription colored contacts can help improve your vision while also helping you achieve your cosmetic goals. Contact your eye doctor in Hummelstown PA to find out more about colored contacts today.